DOCTORAL SYMPOSIUM CIBSE 2012 (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
The Organizing Committee of the XIVIbero-American Conference on Software Engineering (CIbSE 2012) are pleased to invite PhD students in the Software Engineering and related areas to participate actively in the Doctoral Symposium CIbSE 2012 by submitting papers describing their doctoral work.
The CIbSE 2012 Doctoral Symposium is an international forum for PhD students to discuss their research goals, methodology, and early results, in a critical but supportive and constructive environment. It will be performed in a one-day session. Selected students will present their work and receive constructive feedback both from a panel of experts and from other Doctoral Symposium students. The students will also have the opportunity to seek advice on various aspects of completing a Ph.D. and performing research in Software Engineering.
Format of the Submissions
The PhD students interested in participating in the Doctoral Symposium should take into account the following items to submit their works.
• Provide a clear description of the research problem being addressed.
• Motivate the proposed research (i.e. state why the research work is being conducted, and what benefits the research will bring).
• Outline the current knowledge of the problem domain, briefly describe what existing work the research builds upon (citing key papers), and also briefly describe any existing solutions that have been developed or are currently being developed (citing key papers).
• Clearly present preliminary results from the research work, and propose a plan of research for completing the PhD.
• Point out the contributions of the applicant to the solution of the problem, and state in what aspects the suggested solution is different, new or better as compared to existing approaches to the problem.
Submitted papers must not exceed 6 pages in Springer LNCS format (http://www.springer.de/comp/
lncs/authors.html). Papers may be written in English, Spanish or Portuguese.
What and how to Submit
Papers must be sent in PDF format to Gabriela Arévalo (gabriela (dot) b (dot) arevalo (at) gmail.com) by December 20th, 2011. In addition, you must also attach an “expectation and benefits” statement (1 page maximum, in PDF format) describing the kind of advice you would like to receive and how this would help you in your research. You should seek your supervisor’s guidance when preparing this statement. So, each submission must consist of the following files:
• Attached PDF with your research paper submission (maximum 6 pages)
• Attached PDF with your expectation and benefits statement (maximum 1 page)
Please state [CIbSE 2012] Doctoral Symposium- Submission
as the subject of the e-mail. The body of the email should also contain: Title, abstract (200 words), keywords, and student and advisor (name, e-mail address, affiliation and postal address).
Evaluation of Submissions
Submitted papers will be subject to a review process by an international Program Committee. The selected submissions will be published as part of the proceedings of the CIbSE 2012 Conference.
• Alejandra Garrido (Universidad Nacional de La Plata, Argentina)
• Alexandre Bergel (Universidad de Chile, Chile)
• Catalina Mostaccio (Universidad Nacional de La Plata, Argentina)
• Eduardo Bonelli (Universidad Nacional de Quilmes, Argentina)
• Gabriela Robiolo (Universidad Austral, Argentina)
• Hernán Astudillo (Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María, Chile)
Submission Deadline: December 20th, 2011
Notification: February 20th, 2012
Camera Ready version: February 28th, 2012